Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Last Blog Posting

1.    What were your expectations for this course and where they met?
Starting this course, my expectations were that I expected this class to be fun but also a lot of work, I also believed it would take a lot to constantly stay on top of the readings and art project schedules as well as the quizzes and blogs. My expectations were definitely met, I thought that almost every project had some element of fun in them, especially the mask project and gallery curation project which were my favorites. It definitely took a lot to keep up, there were times where I didn’t want to do the reading or projects but I had to persevere and do the work, it was definitely worth it in the end though.

2.    Now that you've been through this course, what is art? How would you define it now compared to your initial posting?
My initial posting descried art as anything that allows us to express ourselves and create something, this could be through painting, singing, performance or even dance. I think that after this course I would still define art in this exact same way. I have learned that all art looks different and there isn’t just one way to create something. In this class we learned about art in statues, paintings, and even architecture, this taught me that anything someone is proud of creating could be considered art.

3. Who was your favorite artist in your original posting and who is your favorite visual artist now? If there is a difference, why do you think so? If you have the same favorite artist, why do you think so?
My favorite visual artists when I started this class included Jackson Pollock, Salvador Dali, and Velazques. Although these are still some of my top favorite artists, after this class my new favorite visual artists are Carrie Mae Weems and Frida Kahlo. I discovered these two women during the art gallery curation project, I like how a lot of their artworks deal with themes that are important to me such as feminism and women’s rights. I love how both women’s art tells a story about their own lives and serves to validate the experiences of many other women throughout the world.

3.    Now that you've completed this course, how do you feel about taking an online course? Is your answer the same as it was in your first posting? How is it the same or different?

This was my first online course and I would say I have had a very positive experience. I expected an online course to be a lot of work because of the constant assignments and independent workload and that is exactly what I got. I liked the freedom this course offered me in regards to doing the work during the week when I had time to do so, I also liked that this course taught me a lot about time management. All in all, I liked the experience of taking an online course and would do it again.  

No comments:

Post a Comment