Saturday, October 1, 2016

Logo Project


For this project I really liked the idea of creating a logo all about me. I thought it would be really fun, especially because I got to explore the things I liked to do and draw them all out!
         My first thought was that I had to include music, music is such an important part of my life. I’ve been singing and playing piano for as long as I can remember so to create a logo about me without including music was out of the question. I also wanted to include traveling in my logo, I love to travel and visit new places. The summer I spent in Europe was some of the best times of my life and someday I hope to go back and maybe even live there. My favorite logo I created was the suitcase with all the bumper stickers. I thought it was perfect, I could include stickers of all the things that made me, me. But after reading all the articles on logos I realized that the suitcase logo was too intricate and couldn’t translate well to a smaller size. I then began to think about including a globe in my logo to symbolize how I love to travel; from there I came up with the speech bubble containing the music staff to symbolize how I am always singing, the speech bubble had an arrow at the end because I’d always like to take my singing to the next level. I finally decided on a piano circling the globe to showcase my love for music and for travel, I liked that my final logo was simple but effective and would translate well to a smaller size.





My starting sketches that included different design ideas and written ideas as well (top) and the final sketch of my final logo (bottom)




         The most important discovery I made while creating my logo was figuring out how many factors go into making a successful logo. I found that the best logos are simple in nature, like the Nike swoosh, the apple logo, or even car logos. they all are just a simple picture. I realized that some of my creations were really heavily detailed and that I had to cut back. I also learned that coloring in my logo was more difficult that I thought it would be. I decided to paint my logo, but getting the colors to not run together and not muddy up was hard. My paint kept mixing together and I had to start over once or twice to make sure I had painted in the lines.
I thought the videos were interesting and helpful. The most important information I learned from the PowerPoints and visuals about logos was that it had to translate well into a smaller size. Every article I read made sure to include that detail. I also learned about the four different types of logos, Characters, which contain only a single characters or abbreviations, the word, which is only the full name of the company, figurative, which is a picture, and combination, which is word and picture.
final logo



1 comment:

  1. Your finished logo came out great. It was painted so well and looks like there was no trouble. Also liked the idea you had to come up with your design.

    ReplyDelete