Saturday, October 8, 2016

Peer Review






(Amber and Kelly, respectively)



2. When looking at Project #1: (Elements and Principles), did you agree with the element or principle the artist listed with the images? Did you see other elements and principles in the images?

In general, I thought both girl’s projects were great. For Amber’s Elements and Principles post, however, I was a little confused with one or two photos. For example, the photo relating to emphasis was just an antler, there wasn’t any sort of light or texture that emphasized it in the photo, if anything I think it was better for balance because it was symmetrical.
For Kelly’s project I thought every photo was spot on. I loved her photo for value, the lit up HELLO sign, I thought it really showed off the contrasting values of black to white. I also liked her photo for color and thought the vibrant signs were perfect for that principle. Additionally, I loved the confetti in the movement photo, the way that you can almost see how it is falling down is gorgeous.


3. When looking at Project #2: Where there any images in the Peer Blogs the same as your own? If yes, what were they? Where the reasons the image was selected the same or different as your own?


For project #2, the visit to Albright Knox, I did not see any images that Kelly or Amber took that were the same as my own. However, I do remember seeing some of the sculptures and paintings that Kelly chose, especially Jaume Plensa's Laura, Monet's Blue Foyer by Mickalene Thomas and Andy Warhol's 100 Cans.



4. Where there any images that your Peers selected that pique your interest now? If yes, what are they and what is your connection with them? What would you want to know about them?


Absolutely! Amber had great pictures from her visit. I especially liked Mirror House by Kelly Barrie. I liked that it was dark and almost spooky looking, which is different from most vibrant and colorful painting I often see. I read that it was made using archival light jet print, I would definitely like to know more about that process and would also like to know the inspiration behind the work of art.
In Kelly’s post, she selected Laura by Jaume Plensa. It really piqued my interest because I realized that I see it almost every day driving to school but I didn’t know anything about it! I would like to know who the muse was behind Laura and why Plensa decided to sculpt her, I would also like to know how long it took the artist to create such a huge sculpture.


5. What do you think about the process of reading your peers reflection? Do you find this to be a valuable in your learning?

I have always liked peer reviews, I think that it is a valuable way to compare your voice and skills against others in the same position. I also liked how the peer review was made into a project because, in all reality, some people probably would not have taken the time to look at other’s blogs if it wasn’t an assignment. I thought that this was very valuable especially when comments are left and we can get constructive criticism on our work.

6. Check your Blog and read comments posted by your Peers. Do you find their comments helpful?

As of now, there are no comments on my blog that my peers have made. I will be sure to update this question when they do start to comment.


No comments:

Post a Comment