Saturday, October 29, 2016

Hand Drawing

1. What was it like using your hand as subject matter for a drawing?
I thought it was pretty cool using my hands as a subject. I was familiar with them, of course, so drawing them I thought would be pretty easy, especially considering we have been making hand tracings since third grade.

2. What media did you select - pencil or charcoal? Why?
I used pencil because it was less messy than charcoal. When I used charcoal on the value scale it ended up everywhere. It also smudges easy and does not erase as easy as pencil.

3. How did it feel to create a drawing with your non-dominant hand?
drawing my left hand was definitely harder than I thought it would be. simply creating the outline was far more difficult than my right hand. I had to erase and start over many times to get it to look like my right hand. 

4. Compare and contrast your final drawings. Do you think they are successful studies?
I think that my final drawing is definitely the best I can do but it is far from being a work of art. I could definitely learn how to shade more. My fingers are a little deformed and look silly in my drawing. I even tried to include my veins on my wrists but that didn't turn out like  masterpiece either. However, my final copy is the last of three drafts and is by far the best. I guess in general, Im not at all good at drawing. 

5. Would you consider using your non-dominant hand to create artwork in the future?
I would consider it only because I know with practice my work would get better. My less dominant hand would become more precise and less shaky the more I use it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment